Since 1972, Title IX of the Education Amendments has proven to be an increasingly powerful leveling tool, helping to advance gender equity in schools and colleges. Specifically, Title IX prohibits sex-based discrimination in any education program or activity that receives federal funding.
It is important that we at the Community College of Rhode Island understand our responsibility to respond promptly and effectively to alleged acts of sexual discrimination, including sexual violence, under Title IX. Effective sexual assault risk management practices will decrease the likelihood of sexual assaults on our campus and help us to maintain a reputation for safety and for dealing with campus crime appropriately when it occurs.
As part of our comprehensive prevention program for faculty and staff, CCRI is strongly encouraging your participation in Haven for Faculty and Staff. This online program will provide critical education on sexual harassment, connect you with support resources, discuss factors that contribute to sexual and relationship violence and empower you to become a leader in prevention. The program will take approximately 60 to 90 minutes to complete.
- Go to the EverFi website: www.everfi.com/register
- Under Student/Learner, enter the registration code: 37e08a57 and click “Next.”
- Complete the information to create your EverFi account and click “Next.”
- Complete Part 1 of Haven for Faculty and Staff by May 20.
- After 30 days you will receive an invitation to complete Part 2 of Haven for Faculty and Staff, which is a 10-minute survey. This should be completed by June 30.
Other important information:
- You will need Internet access and audio capabilities.
- To avoid technical issues, please use any major Web browser (e.g., Firefox, Google Chrome) released within the previous two years.
- You may take the course in multiple sittings.
- Should you experience problems, technical support is available 24/7 and can be accessed from the “Help” link within the course.
Thank you. We know that this education will help make our college community stronger and safer.
— Vice President for Business Affairs David Patten, Vice President of Student Affairs Sara Enright and Vice President for Academic Affairs Rosemary Costigan